Posts Tagged ‘Rui Sandro Carvalho Duarte’
January 12, 2010 Leave a comment
- CFR’s owner Arpad Paszkany denied all the rumors related to Arsenal’s interest in Lacina Traore (19). He admitted instead that Udinese is keeping tabs on the striker, who scored 4 goals in the league so far this season.
- The American that Steaua is trying to sign is Josh Tudela (25), a central midfielder who played his last official match last summer, for LA Galaxy. He could become the second player bought by the Bucharest side from Major League Soccer, after the Colombian left footed midfielder Juan Carlos Toja (24), bought in 2008 from FC Dallas. Tudela comes as a free agent and will have to convince the staff in the next couple of months that he deserves a contract.
- Mamadou Diakite (24), a central defensive midfielder from Belgian outfit Excelsior Mouscron, is coming to Romania to see Rapid’s facilities and discuss the terms of a possible deal.
- Steaua keeps pressing FC Brasov, hoping to find a deal that would help the Bucharest club get rid of an unwanted player and strengthen the squad with a new aquisition. It seems that Steaua has offered the out-of-favor Dayro Moreno (24) on loan, after the initial 500.000 EUR offer for Portuguese full-back Rui Duarte (29) had been turned down, hoping to get FC Brasov’s board in a better mood. Dayro Moreno came to Bucharest from Once Caladas with the “wonderkid” label, but rarely lived up to the expectations and neither severe punishment nor the credit received from the new coach and management managed to change his attitude and approach.
- Universitatea Craiova released the experienced utility man Florin Soava (31), although the player has been a regular (at left back, in central defense or in the midfield line) since his return to Romania, at the beginning of 2009. Soava had played in Russia since 2004, with spells at Spartak Moscow, Krylia Sovetov and Khimki.
Categories: Read the papers! Arpad Paszkany, Arsenal, CFR Cluj, contract, Dayro Moreno, Excelsior Mouscron, FC Brasov, FC Dallas, Florin Soava, Foreign players in Romania, Josh Tudela, Juan Carlos Toja, Khimki, Krylia Sovetov, LA Galaxy, Lacina Traore, Major League Soccer, Mamadou Diakite, Rapid Bucharest, Rui Sandro Carvalho Duarte, Spartak Moscow, Steaua Bucharest, title contenders, transfer rumors, Universitatea Craiova