Toyed with the idea of letting this go, as the blog’s domain was about to expire, but the passion for writing is still there. So is the will to share info and thoughts on Romanian footie, which lots of you appreciated over time, so here I am. Back on the road, scouting, back on the blog, writing.
Let’s talk some football here, on Twitter (@rbaicu) and Facebook.
Best day: January 20, 1.802 visitors.
Bogdan Stancu signs from Galatasaray and a comparison between Lacina Traore and Bogdan Stancu, written in November 2010, before their moves to Russia and Turkey, respectively, gets a lot of attention especially from Gala’s fans. The surprise came when Traore moved to Kuban Krasnodar for less money than what CFR Cluj was hoping to get, while Stancu’s deal demanded a fee that can be explained only by the Becali’s involvement and their understanding with both Steaua’s and Gala’s boards.
And, while Traore is a hit under Petrescu’s strict command, Stancu failed to cope with the pressure and the controlled chaos that Galatasaray seems to enjoy living in every single year, and is now playing with some success on loan to Orduspor.
Search terms: “scouting Romania” and my name occupy the first two places, with Marius Niculae in third spot. The top five is closed by “Wesley Vaslui” and a certain Cristiano Ronaldo. Don’t worry, the only thing to blame is a photo of the guy taken while Niculae was playing alongside him for Sporting Lisbon. The all time leader remains Gabriel Torje!
Best referrers: The Almost 3.000 are the ones that get credit, with Twitter sitting comfortably in 1st place. The Guardian helped to finish the year in style, the blog’s presence in “Our favorite things this week” column brining in a lot of (quality) traffic.
I would like thank each visitor though and wish you all a great 2012!, I hope to see you back here next year as well, because I’m not going anywhere🙂. I leave you with the top three articles in 2011:
2. The story of Juan Culio, the Argentinian midfielder bought by Galatasaray from CFR Cluj
3. Otelul Galati, before their Champions League
A year ago, I was on the sidelines, having stopped the excellent project that I had the privilege to be working on for Boutique Football, and decided to offer something that nobody around here thought of: the chance to find information, opinion and insight on Romanian football for those who don’t speak Romanian. One year later, I can look back and find motivation to continue, in spite of a limited time, as I’m back working in football as a scout, which has been always THE goal. But I feel I’ve made too many friends around the world who are interested in what’s (really) going on in the fascinating (not always for the right reasons) Liga I to abandon them now…
So, thanks to some stats offered as a birthday present by wordpress.com, I can tell you that:
- this was the story that brought the most traffic in one day
- twitter, transfermarkt.de and theoffside.com have been my top referrers
- the most searched players have been Gabriel Torje and Lacina Traore
I wish all of you a great 2011 and invite you to return here in numbers!
Became a “Romanian football observer” in 2003, when I got the chance to work for Bayer 04 Leverkusen (forever grateful to Ilja Kaenzig, Tor Kristian Karlsen and Fernando Troiani for the opportunity and guidance). Even though I’ve changed clubs and also worked for different companies involved in the beautiful game, travelling and scouting live on almost every continent, I never took my eyes away from the always intriguing and surprising Romanian football.
Through this blog, I’ll try to provide the daily important information and some insight as well, for all those fans or professionals interested in a player, a club or anything related to Romanian football. So do not hesitate to forward me your questions, requests or thoughts!
Oh, and please accept my appologies for any mistakes in English! Thanks!🙂
• 10 years of continuous work in scouting, for top clubs and companies;
• Worked for clubs like Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Hannover 96, monitorring the Romanian market;
• Worked for Birmingham based company 'The Scouting Network' (www.tsn.co.uk) as a football scout;
• Worked for Zurich based company Boutique Football as a scouting network coordinator;
• International scout for Young Boys Bern for 2 years, covering Eastern European football.
• Currently working as an international scout for a top French club, covering Eastern European football.
- @Sapunaru21 it is. Don't know how Anderlecht wants to make profit from this... Published: 3 hours ago
- Becali confirms: Stanciu goes to @rscanderlecht for a structured payment of 9.8m Euro. #record Published: 3 hours ago
- @westendtm apparently Stanciu needs to pay 50% of Anderlecht's games. No other detailes provided yet Published: 3 hours ago
- @westendtm i was waiting for some confirmation. Media says: 9.8m. 4m now, 3.8m after 10 months + 2m bonuses... Published: 4 hours ago
- Previous record: Chiriches to #THFC for 9.5m. #Stanciu #Anderlecht Published: 4 hours ago
- Diakite to Dinamo? Fabbiani, interesting for Steaua!
- Romania's number 10, Nicusor Stanciu, cannot handle the pressure. Really?
- Best players in Romania: right midfielders
- WBA defender Gabriel Tamas makes a fool of himself, just like Victor Piturca, the national team coach
- The blog
- The bloke
- FC Timisoara's tactics against Manchester City. My pleasure, Roberto!
- Blog related (4)
- Completed transfers (72)
- Liga 1 – Season 2013-2014 (4)
- Liga 1 – Season 2015/2016 (1)
- Liga I – Season 09/10 (43)
- Liga I – Season 2010/2011 (37)
- Liga I – Season 2011/2012 (19)
- Liga I – Season 2012/2013 (33)
- Mercato (78)
- My betting tips (11)
- My highlights (6)
- My offside trap (122)
- Read the papers! (128)
- Romanian cup (3)
- Romanian players abroad (7)
- Romanian version (1)
My work so far
- June 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (2)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (4)
- August 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (4)
- November 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (3)
- July 2013 (6)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (5)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (5)
- August 2012 (11)
- July 2012 (11)
- June 2012 (6)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (6)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (7)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (6)
- July 2011 (7)
- June 2011 (9)
- May 2011 (10)
- April 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (6)
- February 2011 (11)
- January 2011 (15)
- December 2010 (12)
- November 2010 (12)
- October 2010 (17)
- September 2010 (16)
- August 2010 (34)
- July 2010 (35)
- June 2010 (32)
- May 2010 (24)
- April 2010 (24)
- March 2010 (41)
- February 2010 (49)
- January 2010 (63)