Home > Read the papers! > Trica has had enough of Wotte’s praise. He wants to play!

Trica has had enough of Wotte’s praise. He wants to play!

The experienced Eugen Trica (34) has refused to travel with the team for tomorrow’s game against Unirea Alba Iulia, accusing the Dutch coach Mark Wotte that he’s not playing him enough. In 2010, the attacking midfielder didn’t start a single game, featuring only as a substitute, and in the previous round played only in the last five minutes. The fight could be a surprise for those who heard about the Dutchman recent praise for Trica’s value to Universitatea’s locker, but such a reaction has been seen in the past in Trica’s case, back in the days when he was playing for CFR Cluj.

Advertisements
  1. PMC
    April 6, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Mititelu claimed that Trica has a soft injury.

2. April 6, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Trica is a great player and has done a lot for us, but he needs to respect the coach and not intervene in situations like these. It is important that Wotte does what he feels is necessary with the team as he has been doing well, he is not a bad coach at all (he used to be the manager of the Dutch national team). This stupid crisis created by Eugen could cause us a load of more undesired trouble. We’ve already got the stadium issue, now this…. tsk.

• April 7, 2010 at 7:08 am

Filip, absolutely right, mate! Trica should have had the wisdom to play this another way. He’s harming the team, no doubt, hopefully Mititelu will be intelligent enough to back the coach in this situation, otherwise everything Wotte is trying to put together will fall to pieces…

3. April 8, 2010 at 12:43 am

Yes, and look what happened to us today against Alba Iulia! We lost 2-0, a shame, even if Ologu was red carded. Alba Iulia are in last place! Two matches ago we had won our third game in a row, now it’s turning around. I hope we turn things around quickly as we can already see the effects of the problems…

By the way, I love your blog, I’ve subscribed a long time ago and you’ve got top class posts. 😉

4. April 8, 2010 at 5:21 am

Thanks, mate! I’m glad you like it, will try to keep up the good work 😉

5. PMC
    April 8, 2010 at 9:54 am

I join the sentiments of Filip here. This is one of the few english romanian blogs around with quality. I’m sort of isolated in Austria and kinda get sick of the news-sites.

6. April 8, 2010 at 11:58 am

PMC, thank you! I was wondering why on earth you keep visiting it ;-). That was the whole idea, to offer info and opinions in English, as even the big newspapers from Bucharest lack a proper English version. And I try to filter all the rubbish and offer what I believe is indeed interesting and important.

7. April 9, 2010 at 12:15 am

@PMC:
    I’ve had the same problems; I’ve been looking for a good blog or website that publishes Romanian football news regularly, but all I have found is a few from the popular Romanian sites (ex. gsp.ro) whose articles don’t even make sense in English. They use Google translate which is absolutely useless. I no longer speak Romanian fully is the reason for this, to be perfectly honest. This blog offers a lot of insight into all the details of Romanian football, which I find is incredible.

Anyway, long story short, my search is over and I’ll continue to follow your blog consistently. 🙂

PS: I am also looking for a forum on Romanian football in English. Do any of you have any knowledge of one?

8. April 9, 2010 at 6:59 am

Thanks again PMC, as for the forum, I don’t know one. And I’m not saying this just to keep you here, mate! 🙂

9. PMC
    April 9, 2010 at 3:32 pm

umm… I personally am a long time visitor of http://www.xtratime.org/

it’s interesting but not really as active as it used to be. Hope that this is not a problem 🙂

1. No trackbacks yet.