- Universitatea Craiova received an approach from Hamburger SV for promising keeper Silviu Lung Jr. Apparently, the 1. Bundesliga club was hoping to land a deal in the region of 2 million Euros, but talks stopped after Adrian Mititelu expressed his desire to start negotiating a deal from 4 million Euros. The kid is good, but not that good. At least not yet…
- Although recent press reports spoke of Dinamo’s willingness to cut down the asking price for last season’s top scorer Andrei Cristea, it seems that the Bucharest side didn’t rush the player to the nearest airport when Newcastle United offered one and a half million Euros. A written offer is expected and, in the meantime, the press will try to decide which of these two Turkish clubs are interested in Marius Niculae: Bursaspor or Manisaspor. Niculae was simply too poor last season to determine a race for his signature this summer…
MILOS BUCHTA– Gaz Metan Medias
- Branko Grahovac – Otelul Galati
- Costel Pantilimon – FC Timisoara
- Razvan Stanca – Pandurii
- Giedrius Arlauskis – Unirea Urziceni
My view: The winner deserves the attention he gets this summer from Dinamo and other interested clubs, after an excellent season indeed, with an impressive number of clean sheets: 15. Take into account that he’s not playing for a big club, protected by an excellent defense or by the opposition’s strikers, at times . Unirea’s Arlauskis could have finished better, but his second half of season was affected by injuries, while Grahovac should end Otelul’s continuous search for a reliabe goalie, which has brought in the past few years a lot of mediocre players from abroad…
The keepers I like: Universitatea Craiova’s Silviu Lung Jr., who had a tough year, always playing under huge pressure, but showed his impressive composure and managed to end the season in style, with a call-up to the senior national team. Promising lad, but let’s see where he goes from here… I should also mention Rapid’s Bornescu, who looked consistent enough and finally like a mature keeper, but he’ll be under serious pressure next season, if Dani Coman will indeed return to Giulesti, from FC Brasov.
Note: the top five is taken from Gazeta Sporturilor, a newspaper that uses the service of Digital Soccer Project. These results are based on a series of specific criteria for each position, include only players that have collected at least 1.200 minutes on the pitch in the past season and the only subjective part of the analysis consists in the average marks received by the newspaper’s writers.
Romania U21 will play against Israel U21 on Wednesday, in Tel Aviv, hours before the senior teams will meet in Timisoara. Here is the list of players called-up by Emil Sandoi:
- Goalkeepers: Cezar Lungu (Steaua II), Silviu Lung jr. (Universitatea Craiova)
- Defenders: Alexandru Matel (Farul Constanta), Stefan Barboianu (Universitatea Craiova), Cornel Rapa (Otelul Galati), Paul Papp (FC Vaslui), Florin Gardos (Concordia Chiajna), Radu Barbu (Universitatea Craiova), Silviu Ilie (OtelulGalati)
- Midfielders: Gabriel Torje (Dinamo), Andrei Ionescu (Steaua/Politehnica Iasi), Calin Cristea (Unirea Alba Iulia), Constantin Gangioveanu (Universitatea Craiova), Razvan Ochirosii (Steaua/Otelul Galati)
- Forwards: Sabrin Sburlea (FC Brasov), Mihai Costea (Universitatea Craiova), Liviu Ganea (Dinamo/Astra Ploiesti), Alexandru Ionita (Rapid), Raul Rusescu (Unirea Urziceni), Ioan Hora (Gloria Bistrita)
If this is indeed just a test ahead of the next official matches, than coach Emil Sandoi proves yet again a frightening lack of vision and guts! A simple overview points out the following facts: Read more…