CFR left for the first training camp of the summer, leaving behind some interesting names, who aren’t part of Mandorlini’s plans for the coming season. The central midfielder Sixto Peralta tops this list, a player who gets 375.000 Euros per year and thinks that his deal will expire in June 2011. CFR’s board thinks otherwise, stating that this summer they had the option to extend the deal for one more year and refused to do it. Anyway, looking at CFR’s lack of creative players in midfield it’s possible that Mandorlini could be really happy to see the former Inter Milano player still at the club, when he returns to Romania…
On the black list and looking at least for a good destination to spend a year on loan are Rade Veljovic, Ousmane Viera, Vitinha, Dario Flores and Diego Ruiz, all good players by Liga I standards, with centre back Viera showing also some potential to develop in the near future.
- FC Timisoara, Kuban Krasnodar and Gheorghe Bucur (29) shook hands and completed a deal that has been negotiated right after Dan Petrescu’s appointment as head coach of the Russian club. Timisoara gets 1,8 mil. EUR in exchange of one of the most prolific strikers of Liga I in recent years (89 goals in 194 matches), while the player should earn 600.000 EUR for the following three seasons.
- Unirea Alba Iulia completed the loan of Serbian centre-forward Nemanja Jovanovic (25), from FC Vaslui. The 1,91 cm front man will stay in Alba Iulia until the summer, where he will fight for a place in the first eleven with fellow countryman Rade Veljovic (23), who’s on loan from CFR Cluj. Jovanovic is a tall and athletic centre-forward who always showed potential, but never found his place. The nomadic striker will play for the seventh club since his arrival in Romania, in 2003!
- Cosmin Barcauan (31, central defender, from OFI) and Ciprian Vasilache (26, left midfielder, un-attached) agreed to sign for Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt contracts that will expire at the end of the season.
- Claudinei Alexandre Aparecido Nei (29) looks set to join newly promoted Unirea Alba Iulia, on a loan deal, until the end of the season. The Brazilian forward never looked good enough for CFR or any other team fighting for the title and, in case the deal will be finalized, he’ll meet in Alba Iulia three former colleagues from Cluj, Rade Veljovic (24, striker), Andres Felipe de Souza Galiassi (29, central defender), Vitinha (23, left back), who are also on loan, until the summer. Nei played a lot in the first half of the seasons, but scored only two goals in fourteen appearances in the league.
- Apparently George Copos, the owner of Rapid Bucharest, refused a tempting offer for the promising centre forward Alexandru Ionita (20). Promoted from the youth squad at the beginning of the season, Ionita scored 6 goals in the league already and also collected three call-ups to the U21 national team. The offer was higher than 1 mil. EUR and arrived at the club through FIFA agent Traian Gherghisan. According to the press, Ionita earns only 2.000 EUR / month, while the decision of Copos is rather strange, given his recent financial struggles and the desire to sell the club.
- With Rui Duarte (29) still just a transfer target and while waiting for Polish international Pawel Golanski to extend the contract that is running out in the summer, Steaua is also looking at the possibility to get back George Ogararu (29), from Ajax Amsterdam. Already transfer listed by the Dutch club, Ogararu refused a move to Roda and says that he won’t have a problem in convincing the club to release him on a free transfer, as he’s currently still getting 700.000 EUR / season.