Posts Tagged ‘Politehnica Iasi’
February 14, 2010 Leave a comment
- After a very poor transfer campaign, which resulted in a Ghionea&Rada – Parpas&Jelev switch, Steaua’s coach Mihai Stoichita has every reason to think about Ovidiu Petre‘s move in central defense. Petre is a natural anchorman, who matured a lot in the last couple of years, but unfortunately for him couldn’t perform consistently, being quite prone to injuries. Petre would bring composure and aerial strength in defense and would also be the type of centre-back that Stoichita wants, one that has enought technique and vision to start the team’s build-up from the back four.
- Poli Iasi announced a debt of over half of million euro towards the state budget (unpaid taxes and health ensurance) and is among the first division clubs that will struggle to obtain the license to play first division football next year. Poli also has some debt towards other firms, while the players received this month the wages they were supposed to get in December.
- Dinamo looks quite desperate in the club’s attempts to sign some players, mainly defenders, a week before the start of the second half of season. With the first team in the final days of the training camp from Turkey, the reserve team has been testing players like the Czech Martin Zivny (28), from Austria Karnten, and the Brazilian Joao Paolo Fernando (20), brother of Roma’s Brazilian goalkeeper Doni. The Bucharest side is also hoping to get its hands on Nikola Vukcevic (25), from Buducnost Podgorica, who apparently is expecting his visa to come and negotiate personal terms.
Categories: Read the papers! budgets in Romania, Buducnost Podgorica player, Czech central defender, defensive pair, football club budget, Jelev to Steaua, Joao Paolo Fernando, Martin Zivny, mercato Romania, Mihai Stoichita, Nikola Vukcevic Dinamo, Ovidiu Petre, Parpas central defender, Politehnica Iasi, Romanian clubs budgets debts, Steaua transfers
February 10, 2010 Leave a comment
- Andrei Ionescu (21) moves to Politehnica Iasi, on loan, until the end of the season. The talented attacking midfielder had found little space at Steaua, where he arrived in 2008 with the wonderkid label, but was given little space to prove himself among the seniors, collecting only 16 appearances in the Liga I until now. At Iasi, he’ll work under the guidance of Petre Grigoras and will join former team-mate Mihai Onicas (20), who’s also on loan, until the summer.
February 9, 2010 Leave a comment
- Georgian Paun (24) will play for Politehnica Iasi until the end of the season. Initially, the deal was presented as a loan until the summer, but recent reports speak about a definitive move, with Dinamo selling Paun in exchange of the 50% they would have had to pay Poli Iasi in case they would have sold Adrian Cristea (26).
- CFR Cluj finally signed Roberto De Zerbi (30). Demanded by coach Andrea Mandorlini, Napoli’s attacking midfielder is delaying his arrival in Romania, as he’s still nursing an old injury, and the medical problems of the first Italian player to feature in Liga I lead to a strange contract, which states that De Zerbi will get 10.000 EUR for each match played, until the end of the season.
- Second division outfit Universitatea Cluj loaned Josias Basso Lisboa (20) from Reggina, until the end of the season. The Brazilian central defender had been playing on loan at Ravenna, in Serie C, and stated that he was convinced to come to Romania by fellow countryman Gabriel Texeira Machado (20), a striker who surprisingly joined Universitatea, after a short spell in Switzerland, at Grasshoppers Zurich.
Categories: Completed transfers Adrian Cristea, Andrea Mandorlini Cluj, Brazilian players in Romania, CFR Cluj, completed transfers in Romania, contratto, Cristea to Espanyol, De Zerbi, De Zerbi ha firmato, Gabriel Texeira Machado, Georgian Paun, Josias Basso Lisboa, loan deals, Mercato, Politehnica Iasi, Romanian second division clubs and players, transfer rumors, Universitatea Cluj