Posts Tagged ‘players out of contract’
May 30, 2011 Leave a comment
- Galatasaray’s striker Bogdan Stancu will miss the vital game against Bosnia and joins Palermo’s Dorin Goian on the sidelines. Razvan Lucescu decided to call Ianis Zicu, who has finished the season as Liga I’s best goalscorer, with 18 goals, and was surprisingly left out of the squad by Lucescu Jr.
- Ioan “Giovani” Becali stated that Bogdan Stancu and Emmanuel Culio are part of Gala’s plans for the coming season, while Steaua’s former goalkeeper Robinson Zapata will be released this summer.
- Italian media speculates that Victor Becali’s trip to Rome won’t be strictly related to Stefan Radu’s new deal with Lazio, with Reja’s team interested in FC Porto’s Cristian Sapunaru.
- Former Lens coach Laszlo Boloni says that Gheorghe Hagi, who is tempted to return at Steaua, should remember how Becali humiliated him and refuse any proposal.
- Universitatea Cluj has decided to release three players: Alfonso Delgado, Danut Munteanu and Nicola Ascoli. Strange call on Delgado, considering that the Spaniard has featured in 28 matches last season, scoring 2 goals in the process.
- Recently signed by Rapid, on a free transfer, central defender Cristian Oros has been called up the national team, to cover for Goian’s absence. Oros is 26, has played for FC Brasov, where he has worked with the current national team coach. And, with Lucescu Jr. tipped to return to Rapid, once he resigns/gets the sack, it does makes some sense.
- Steaua is interested in getting the signature of Dorin Goga, a creative forward from FC Timisoara, who starts this summer the last year of his current deal with the Viola club. For the record, a few years ago, Goga was involved in the “Suitcase” scandal, being singled out as Steaua’s inside man, who spread the word that Steaua’s owner Gigi Becali has prepared 1.7 million Euros for Universitatea Cluj’s players, if they manage to stop CFR Cluj from winning the league.
- FC Sion’s George Ogararu said that he wants to end his career with Steaua. Still has two years on his deal with the Swiss club.