- Cosmin Contra (34) confirmed the deal with FC Timisoara. The veteran full back has found an agreement with Getafe’s president and will be allowed to move to Timisoara as a free player. Contra will sign until the summer and is hoping to help the club win the league. Born in Timisoara, Contra has only played for half of season for the Viola outfit, collecting 14 appearances, back in 2005.
- Universitatea Craiova made a bold move and completed the buy of star forward Florin Costea (24), from CSM Ramnicu Valcea. Although Costea (who’s also regarded as a solution for the national team – and might find even more space, in case Mutu won’t find a miraculous solution and avoid suspension) plays for Craiova since 2006, 25% of his transfer rights were still belonging to the second division club. And Craiova decided to pay 500.000 EUR in exchange, a lot of money, even though Costea was reportedly a target for big clubs from abroad, ready to meet an asking price of 4-5 mil. EUR! Knowing the player and that 75% of the rumors published this winter were rubbish, my bet is that he won’t leave Craiova for a higher price than 1.5 mil. EUR, if he’ll ever make a move abroad at all!
- Unirea Alba Iulia signed Argentinian midfielder Enzo Bruno (22). The former Independiente player came as a free agent and signed a contract until the end of the season.
- The Argentinian young striker Danilo Ezequiel Carando (20) agreed to sign a contract with Astra Ploiesti until June 2012. The forward joins a list of players bought by Astra from South America this winter: Deigo Silva (22, striker, from River Plate, in Uruguay), Maximilian Arias (21, midfielder, from Fenix, in Uruguay), Gonzalo Salgueiro (23, goalkeeper, born in Uruguay, comes from Kalamata, Greece), Alejandro Kruchowski (27, full back, born in Argentina) and Marcelo Fabian Mendez Russo (28, central defender, from Montevideo Wanderers, in Uruguay). All the players have been recommended and assisted by Diego Solivaret.
The coach from Astra Ploiesti has five new players under observation:
- Diego Silva – forward, 22 years old, plays for River Plate in Uruguay
- Alvaro Dario Alonso – full back, 28 years old, plays for Rampla Juniors in Uruguay
- Luis Angel Vildozo – forward, 28 years old, plays for Union San Felipe in Chile
- Marcelo Fabian Mendez Russo – central defender, 28 years old, plays for Montevideo Wanderers in Uruguay
- Jimmy Nicolas Schmidt Vallejo – goalkeeper, 28 years old, plays for Central Espanol in Uruguay
The players have been brough by FIFA agent Marcel Popescu and the Montearreo agency.
Newly promoted Astra Ploiesti lies in 12th place in the league and has under contract 6 other foreign players: Radek Oprsal (central defender from Czech Republic, 31 years old), Abel Valdez (central defender from Argentina, 21 years old), Seto Takayuki (central midfielder from Japan, 24 years old), Paulo Dinarte Gouveia Pestana “Paulinho” (attacking midfielder from Portugal, 24 years old), Kevin Hatchi (central midfielder from France, 28 years old) and Dusan Djokic (striker from Serbia, 29 years old – on loan from Club Brugge)