- FC Brasov completed the signing of Dusan Savic. The 24 years old comes from Rabotnicki, where he scored 10 goals in 16 appearances in the first half of season. The forward accepted to take part in a trial during the winter break, but only today his transfer was finalized. Savic signed a contract until the end of the season, with the option to extend it in the summer, and will have to fight for a place in the team with Dorel Zaharia (32), Catalin Dedu (22), Attila Hadnagy (29) and Sabrin Sburlea (20).
- Martin Zivny (28) agreed to sign a contract until the end of the season with Dinamo. The Bucharest side now awaits the clearance and the player’s papers from Austria Karnten and the central defender could even make it in the squad for Dinamo’s next official match. In case Zivny leaves a good impression, the club can activate a clause in the summer and extend the deal for two more years.
- Dorel Zaharia - 32 years old, striker, FC Brasov
The experienced centre forward helped his team come back from 0-1, with an excellent performance up front, where he partnered Attila Hadnagy in the first half and the promising Sabrin Sburlea, after the break. The former Steaua player levelled the score with an excellent right footed shot from just outside the box and managed to setup the decisive goal after a good run down the right flank and an excellent low cross for Sabrin Sburlea, who had such an easy task that he scored even though he had almost missed the ball with his right foot.
Zaharia, who’s career highlight was a goal in the Champions League, on Emirates Stadium, against Arsenal, played 30 matches for FC Brasov, scoring four goals in the process.
- Ciprian Vasilache – 26 years old, left midfielder, Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt
The once very promising left footed midfielder (can play on various positions, from left back to central attacking midfielder) was decisive for his new team, in the biggest surprise of the round, the 3-1 victory away at Steaua. Used on the left side of a midfield of four, Vasilache showed excellent work-rate, but also composure and vision, knowing when to keep hold of the ball, dictating the tempo and offering quality balls for the forwards. On top of all that, he provided the assist for Ceahlaul’s equalizer and also managed to score an incredible goal: he surprised Steaua’s keeper, Zapata, with a sprint from midfield and managed to score from 20 meters out with an undefined part of his body, as he blocked the goalie’s clearance!
Vasilache, who started a promising career at Gloria Bistrita and played at a young age for Rapid Bucharest (only 35 matches in three seasons!) had been released on a free by Pandurii at the end of 2009, after he had failed to feature in a single game during the first half of season. He signed for Ceahlaul after spending a few weeks in Antalya, Turkey, and offering his services to any club interested to offer him a trial.
- Takayuki Seto - 24 years old, central midfielder, Astra Ploiesti
The Japanese central midfielder was instrumental in Astra’s vital win against Pandurii Targu Jiu (both clubs are fighting to stay clear of the relegation zone), the first away win of the season for the newly promoted. Deployed in amore advanced role than usual, Seto showed solid playmaking abilities, looking composed and visionary in the centre of the park, mastering the art of dictating the play, waiting for the right time to pass and choosing the right option to continue the build up. Plus, he gave a solid hand in recovering possession and also made several runs in the box, which could have been better speculated by his colleagues.
Seto has a very interesting story, as he left Japan at a tender age and moved to Brazil “to learn how to play football”. Started to make a name for himself in Romania playing for a thrid league team FC Ploiesti and managing two consecutive promotions (FC Ploiesti changed its name into Astra Ploiesti). He played on a number of positions in midfield, even as a winger, and showed that he can score wonderful goals, even though, so far, has managed to score just once in the first division.. Still, this quiet and professional Japanese player impresses with his consistency, as he stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes in 17 of the 18 matches played so far!