Archive for March, 2013
March 13, 2013 Leave a comment
- Gaz Metan Medias – Viitorul Constanta 4-1 (Bawab 4, 91, Llullaku 18, 31 / Chitu 39)
- CSMS Iasi – CFR Cluj 1-1 (Milea 56 / Rada 69)
- Astra Giurgiu – FC Brasov 3-0 (Budescu 20, Seto 40, Fatai 61)
- Rapid – Petrolul Ploiesti 0-0
- Otelul Galati – Pandurii Targu Jiu 1-0 (Iorga 87 pen)
- Ceahlaul – Steaua 3-4 (Gheorghiu 8, Golubovic 35 pen, Constantinescu 91 / Bourceanu 3, Rocha 10, Pintilii 12, Leandro Tatu 60)
- U Cluj – CS Severin 1-0 (Buleica 65)
- Dinamo – Concordia Chiajna 2-0 (Axente 86, Matei 94)
- FC Vaslui – Gloria Bistrita 1-1 (Sanmartean 95 pen / Bucur 2)
March 6, 2013 Leave a comment
- Romanian media continues to speculate on a scenario that remains hard to believe, especially considering the structure of all articles, which lack statements from the main “actors”. Apparently, Mircea Lucescu is trying to convince Rinat Ahmetov to make a very small financial effort and get control over Dinamo Bucharest, a tormented club still close to Il Luce’s heart. The only credible news is that Nicolae Badea will retire from the current structure, leaving Ionut Negoita with the majority of the shares and financial problems. Oh, and that Dinamo’s players still haven’t been paid the entire salaries for November…
- Without a win in 2013, CFR Cluj faces more problems ahead of the trip to Iasi. gsp.ro counts to 12 the number of missing players for the next round, with captain Cadu and Felice Piccolo both suspended, and goalkeeper Mario Felgueiras recently injured during a training session.
- The National Arena from Bucharest, the host of the much anticipated Steaua – Chelsea duel, needed again a cash injection to solve the problems with the quality of the pitch. Some 400 square meters of grass was replaced and the costs of the operation has been covered by the Bucharest club, although the venue belongs to the municipality.
- Team of Round 21 (presented by gsp.ro and based on data collected by a specialized firm) looks like this: Grahovac (Otelul) – Rapa (Steaua), Luchin (Dinamo), Manasse (Petrolul), Latovlevici (Steaua) – Voiculet (Pandurii), Pintilii (Steaua), Hoban (Petrolul), Chipciu (Steaua) – V. Dinu (U Cluj), Matulevicius (Pandurii).
March 5, 2013 Leave a comment
- Gloria Bistrita – Ceahlaul Piatra Neamt 0-0
- Steaua Bucharest – Gaz Metan Medias 3-0 (Nikolic 33, Pintilii 72, 88 pen)
- Viitorul Constanta – Universitatea Cluj 1-1 (Chitu 64 / V. Dinu 49 pen)
- CFR Cluj – Otelul Galati 0-1 (Paraschiv 7)
- Petrolul Ploiesti – CSMS Iasi 2-1 (Hoban 62, Grozav 80 / Patulea 54)
- Rapid – Dinamo 0-1 (Danciulescu 65)
- FC Brasov – Concordia Chiajna 3-2 (Buga 59, Oltean 63, Batin 86 / Belu 48, Popovici 90)
- Pandurii – FC Vaslui 2-1 (Matulevicius 56, 79 / Jumisse 61)
- FC Severin – Astra Giurgiu 0-0
March 1, 2013 Leave a comment
- After a violent foul on Bulgarian full-back Milanov, CFR’s captain, Ricardo Cadu, has been suspended for 9 rounds. With his club already making an appeal to have it reduced (very likely to happen), Vaslui threatens to take the Portuguese centre-back to court. “Losing more than 4 teeth means mutilation and he can be charged for that! Our player will miss at least two months of football and we’ll ask for the player to be punished, so we can also get back the wages we’ll be offering to out player during this forced break”, said Ciprian Damian, the president of FC Vaslui.
- Dinamo’s players have finally received something from the club: another promise that they’ll be paid. One of the main shareholders, Ionut Negoita, the man who is also trying to get full control of the club, met the players and said that all the delayed payments will be solved within two weeks. “We still have to get 70% of the November salaries, plus full wages for December and January”, said veteran striker Ionel Danciulescu.
- The 17 years old Nicolae Vasile, who made his debut in Rapid’s first eleven in the first official game of the year, has been offered a pro contract. “He had nothing signed with us when playing for our youth teams, but he refused the chance to move to our rivals, Dinamo“, says now with a proud and happy face Constantin Zotta. Someone who would have probably blamed anyone else, in case Rapid would have lost the left back that stepped in place of Vladimir Bozovic, the Montenegro international who left the club after 6 seasons.
- The cash-strapped Dinamo signed another player (as usual, with two and a half months to prepare, “top” clubs make signings after the league resumed). It’s Alexandru Tudose, once a promising defender, now 25. Played 50 games for Gloria Bistrita in the past three seasons, but also has 10 appearances for arch-rivals Steaua…
- Universitatea Cluj will play the next two home games behind close doors, a punishment for the fans’ behavior during the game against Steaua, when one support entered the pitch and flares were thrown from the stands. To make up for this, the ultras have asked the club to print tickets anyway, promising to buy them even if they’ll have to watch the matches on TV.