Home > My offside trap > Inter’s topscorer is a 27 years old from Romania

Inter’s topscorer is a 27 years old from Romania

Cosmin Bacila

First of all, let me say “I’m sorry” to all those who thought “What? Milito is Romanian?”. I’m talking about International Curtea de Arges and Cosmin Bacila, the right back reinvented as a midfielder/winger, who just scored his fifth goal of the season for a team that will fight for survival until the very last round. Bacila made a late debut in the first division, playing mainly as right back for Farul Constanta, a team he left last summer to join the newly promoted International. The hard-working type of player, useful in both phases of the game, the 27 years old feels so good in a 4-1-4-1 system that he managed to become the club’s top scorer, with the four goals scored in the second half of the season. Let me just write down some of the players who have scored five goals this season: Bogdan Stancu (striker, Steaua), Yssouf Kone (striker, CFR Cluj), Lacina Traore (striker, CFR Cluj), Mike Temwanjera (striker, FC Vaslui), Lucian Raduta (striker, Rapid).

Now, I’m not saying that Bacila is a top class footballer, but maybe we should think twice before we talk about the millions Steaua, CFR, Rapid or FC Vaslui ask for their “star players”…

About these ads
  1. PMC
    April 28, 2010 at 1:51 am

Bacila is the ideal player for a team like Unirea Urziceni imo. I must say that his performances were convincing me even last season at Farul where I rated him and Maxim among the best players who should be looked at. He could maybe be a lost jewel that has to be discovered again just like it was the case with Apostol and basicly the whole UU squad.

2. April 29, 2010 at 2:13 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for not having commented for a while, I’ve just been very busy lately.

Really funny joke at the beginning, I enjoyed it haha. :-)

And I think he’s a good player when he wants to be, but honestly don’t think he’s top-of-the-line in the league just because he’s their topscorer. I still think he’s weak in other areas but could still be a decent signing for other small clubs in Europe. But for the higher level clubs, for example in the English Prem or Serie A, players such as Florin Costea or Spadacio (though he is out for the rest of the season due to an injury :-( ) are better quality overall.

• April 29, 2010 at 5:33 am

Good to have you back, Filip! I didn’t say he’s top class, my goal was just to point out that, in the end, there isn’t much difference between an average, decent player like Bacila, and the so-called superstars or rising stars from the league.

3. PMC
    April 29, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Bacila’s main problem is probably his lack of physical force and pace. Personally I consider Bacila above the average though – when he wants to be. If you want “typical average” middle-aged players just take a look at Pandurii, Iasi & Co.

What our league needs the most in general is consistency… you never know what to expect when 2 teams play eachother… it varies between a high-speed game with lots of interesting actions to a game with maybe 1 shot per HT and some comical actions. The most important issues seem to be the quality of the pitches which inevitably have a huge impact on a game it seems.

• May 1, 2010 at 5:11 pm

@Radu Baicu:
      Thanks for the welcome back. I understand what you meant now. ;-)

@PMC:
      I agree with you on that, but I honestly think we also have to fix a few other things to make our league more comparable to leagues like the Serie A, La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, etc…

For example, we need to keep more top class players in Romania. Many of the younger stars are sent to Italy and other places in Academies and youth teams instead of staying in Romania… that’s all great for the future of our national team because they will develop more skills but if these players (ex. Alibec at Inter youth) had stayed in Romania, our league would be more respected worldwide. That’s just one point. ;)

4. PMC
    May 2, 2010 at 12:48 am

@ Filip… and which team should develop these talents? We dont have the club that could form these players for a high level.

5. May 2, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I agree with PMC here, this isn’t the right environment to raise top players. Ok, promising players appear, but they lack the training conditions, the prepared coaches and the wise club managers to progress at a good rate.

6. May 2, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Well yeah, I’ve thought of it that way too but still would have been nice to see one at least… but you’re right, it’s better for them to be prepared at higher levels by using better training facilities and all that at the more well-known clubs. :P

Also, Romanian clubs just don’t have the same money.

1. October 5, 2010 at 9:01 am