Home > Mercato > Top central defender, available for free in the summer

Top central defender, available for free in the summer

His name is George Galamaz and is Unirea Urziceni’s skipper, the leader of one of the best organized defenses in the past two seasons. The 29 years old has been playing for the reigning champions since February 2007 and has recently stated that he will move in the summer, on a free transfer, after Unirea failed to come up with an interesting proposal. This is a blow for Unirea Urziceni, as the club will lose for free a top player and a solid professional, but in my opinion also a sign that the good days are over and that this small team will return to mediocrity very, very soon…

Who’s after Galamaz? Pretty much every Romanian club with ambition, but I believe that the player will move abroad starting next season. The question is: is there a club wise enough to take advantage of his services in the next two-three years and tempt him with a sporting challenge that will make him think twice about the prospect of joining Dan Petrescu and Gigel Bucur in the Russian second division, at Kuban Krasnodar, just for the money?

About these ads
  1. PMC
    April 17, 2010 at 4:45 pm | #1

I wouldn’t be surprised if it were Kuban Krasnodar afterall. The money is good and was attractive enough for Bucur as well, even if it means risking being excluded from the National Team. I personally hope for a miracle that maybe some european team might be interested in his services as he has developed into a real leader at Urziceni. A midtable club in the Serie A is definately possible imo.

2. April 17, 2010 at 7:24 pm | #2

I hope he signs with the Stiinta (U Craiova)! I know the chances of this are very small but if we can continue the good results, we have a chance to clinch the 5th place Europa League spot. That should add a nice bit to our finances and possibly give us a better shot at attracting Galamaz with a lucrative contract. Anyway, these are just hopes, lol . :p

btw I typed this all on my itouch , it takes forever haha

3. PMC
    April 19, 2010 at 11:23 am | #3

Fc Vaslui seems to be the 1st to knock on his door. I kind of expected it as they seem to be the most inspired concerning transfers lately.

4. April 20, 2010 at 11:39 am | #4

Filip, you just spoke like a true Stiinta fan. Unrealistic :-)
    PMC, indeed Vaslui is on his trail. Wouldn’t surprised to see him there, as Porumboiu probably thought how much he would have to pay to transfer a solid, experienced centre-back…

• mihai
      April 30, 2010 at 8:15 am | #5

Galamaz has 2 years left of contract with FC Unirea Urziceni , my friend. Unirea wants to sell him for money at the end of the season.

5. April 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm | #6

Mihai, can you tell me then why the club didn’t release a press statement regarding this matter? Why leave this lie – as you consider it – on the market, just for the fun of laughing at the clubs interested in his signature?

1. No trackbacks yet.